|Crusty Linux bootleg|
|Original OS||Lubuntu 11.04|
|Author||Waves of the Future|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|File size||504 MB|
Quelitu is a bootleg Linux distribution created by "Waves of the Future", as a "lightweight alternative" for Ubuntu for those who wish to "recycle" their computers. Yeah...
The version of Quelitu on the archive is 2.11.04, based on Lubuntu 11.04, which is the last version released as a standalone OS. Nowadays, the OS comes as an installable program which converts existing installations of Ubuntu into Quelitu. As of this writing, the latest version of Quelitu supports Ubuntu 20.04.
The operating system was created by an environmental activist group called "Waves of the Future" to allow people to "recycle" their computers. Appropriately, the default theme has been changed to have a more green tone. The installer has been updated to be far more simplistic. Other than the theme and mild installer changes, the OS is mostly the same as stock Lubuntu 11.04.
Changes from Lubuntu
- The "start button" has been changed from the blue Lubuntu Logo to the operating system's logo along with the letter Q on a green background.
- The folder icon has been changed from blue to green.
- The background has been updated to a picture of a galaxy with absurd amounts of text, mostly detailing how to use the operating system.
- The default theme has been changed to have a more green-ish tone.
- The terminal background has been updated to have a green background.
- You no longer enter a username, password, or hostname in the setup. Instead, the hostname "ubuntu" is given and a user called "me" is automatically created.