Windows 7 FaceBooK Edition 2012
Windows 7 FaceBooK Edition 2012 is partially missing. An x64 version was available but is lost.
If you are in possession of this ISO, please send an email to staffcomputernewb.com or join our Discord so we can add it to our collection.
|Original OS||Windows 7 SP1|
|Forked from||Windows 7 Angry Birds Edition|
|Release date||August 2012|
|Architecture(s)||x86 (32-bit), x86 (64-bit) (lost)|
|File size||930 MB|
|Date added||August 9, 2022|
Windows 7 FaceBooK Edition 2012 is a bootleg Windows 7 SP1 edition, which was created by BossKanae. It released in August 2012. Once considered lost and one of the most elusive bootlegs known to all in Crusty Windows land, it was rediscovered by Dartz on August 9, 2022, and added to the archive on the same day. It was one of BossKanae's first releases.
It also became the new OS for VM 0b0t, a VM on CollabVM, since the 6th revision which was made the same day the bootleg was found, before being superseded by Windows 7 Pony Edition 2015 on the 8th revision.
The bootleg is a modified Windows 7 SP1 ISO, which has been slimmed down with most of its features removed. It is evidently based on Windows 7 Angry Birds Edition (which was released a few months prior and by a different author) as the folder icons (featuring Angry Birds Space) are the same. The bootleg is known to be unstable, many programs refuse to launch and system functions will break for seemingly no reason at all.
Several of the operating system's images have been replaced with a graphic displaying the bootleg's name as well as pictures of a child smiling. The background has been replaced with a giant cartoon smiley face on top of a rainbow background.
On the first boot of the OS, the user is prompted to optionally install various software through the pre-included post installation wizard by the OS customization tool used to make the bootleg. This prompt does not reappear upon reboot, but can be opened again by opening "Unattended Soft" on the Desktop.
The ISO was created using RT 7 Lite.
Changes from Windows 7 SP1
- New setup graphics. The setup background has been changed with a giant cartoon smiley face
- New OOBE graphics
- New login graphics. The login background has again been replaced with the same cartoon smiley face
- New default theme, and wallpaper. The default wallpaper has been replaced with the same smiley face from the setup pointing a finger at the user
- New icon set. The "Computer", "Network", "Recycle Bin", "Control Panel", and user folder icons have all been changed. Explorer has also had some icons changed
- The start orb has been replaced with a smiley face
- Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.268
- BSPlayer Pro 2.58.1058
- CCleaner 3.11
- Mozilla Firefox 15.0b3
- TeamViewer 7.0.12313 P (cracked)
- UltraISO Premium Edition 184.108.40.20612 (cracked)
- VLC Media Player 2.0.3
- Yahoo! Messenger 11.0.1751-us
- Winamp 220.127.116.112
- WinRAR 4.20
Software on the CD
- AdGuard 1.10.1525.0
- Your Uninstaller! v7.3.2011.04 (the installer is in Russian)
- Windows 7 Manager 3.0.0 (comes with a Russificator)
- RemoveWAT (18.104.22.168 and 2.0)
- ChewWGA 0.9
- In Setup, many special symbols do not render correctly and check boxes look rather strange. The former is due to Marlett, a system font needed for various system symbols not loading in properly, and the latter may be due to a theme issue.
- During the OOBE portion, the dialog is rendered in the Classic theme, probably due to DWM breaking.
- The included AdGuard installer on the CD is an online installer, and therefore cannot be installed, because the original servers where the files were hosted are no longer up.
- Antiviruses (notably Avast) tend to detect explorer.exe as Virut despite it being a false positive, and will attempt to delete it, crippling the system.
- Occasionally a bug will occur, where the login wallpaper is replaced with the one from the Angry Birds edition.
- The icons for the Recycle Bin are switched, with the full icon being empty and vice versa.
Setup while it's copying files
System Properties and About Windows
- This is a reference to a minor inside joke which started the day Windows 7 FaceBook Edition 2012 was found and was installed as the main operating system on VM 0b0t.
The former part "I WAS HERE 2022" is a reference to when collabvm-csharp-user said it on VM 0b0t while the bootleg was being installed, and the latter part "FUCK YOU JOE BIDEN" and "WE WON YOU LOST" is a reference to how Joe Biden was involved in the infamous take down of the file host Megaupload, where Windows 7 FaceBooK Edition was hosted, and an excerpt from a text file that was on the original snapshot of the early FaceBooK-era VM 0b0t snapshots.